How to Pack Like a Pro: 6 Tips to Make it Easy
Your flight leaves tomorrow and you haven’t packed yet? It’s taking forever to decide what goes in that little precious bag. Sure, nobody wants to be over-cautious and carry around a heavy luggage, but also the contrary is not ideal. What to do then? Here are some tips on how master the fine art of packing.
1. Rolling or folding? Two very different schools of thought but whether you roll or fold, please remember to do so one by one. Folding (or rolling) many items all together may save you some time but takes away crucial bag space.
2. Leave no space. While filling your bag, you’ll see different spaces getting available. It is like making a puzzle: you do not need to press hard, just find the right shape! Never forget: shoes go at the bottom and their inside can be used as storage.
3. Make a list. Making lists is not fun, but you won’t regret this one! Especially for travellers with children, a list with your every day needs can be crucial and extremely helpful when packing up. Try to think of your normal routine and of the items you use more often. It will be a lot easier to know what to bring with you.
5. Be remorseless. You have to make a decision and something will be left behind. So trying to think of the most improbable scenarios when you will need a very specific item, it is not the way to go. Bring the very basic and don’t be afraid of cutting something out. What’s basic? Documents, keys, phone and medicine (if needed) are good examples.
6. Be smart. Sometimes little accessories can change your outfit completely. You don’t need to have a whole new change for every night. This will help you travel lighter and avoid the hated costs for excess luggage.
7. Wash your clothes on the way. Last but not least, if you are traveling for a long period, simply wash your clothes while on the go. A lot of people that travel for months, only pack enough for maximum 14 days. This little effort will make your holidays so much lighter and you’ll have fresh clothes during the whole trip.