Central Park – Did You Know?
Even if you have never been to New York, you’ve seen it once or twice. Central Park is a proper movie star! But did you know that…
- It is the first public landscape park in the States and it is larger than the principality of Monaco.
- It appears in over 240 movies, hence making it the most filmed public park in the world!
- The Park is home to 275 species of birds, 25,000 trees, 250 acres of lawns, 136 acres of woodlands, 58 miles of walking paths and 36 bridges and arches.
- In August 1997, Central Park was the site of the largest concert ever on record. Country singer Garth Brooks performed for about 980,000 people.
- The area has been covered by a number of glaciers in the past. Still today you can see geological evidence of them, including large boulders that were left there as the glaciers receded.