6 Things to do in Budapest – Hungary!
Created from the unification of 3 different cities (Buda, Pest and Óbuda), Budapest is a place with plenty of secrets, wonderful sites and things to do. An Architectural paradise with a very interesting and never ending mix of the old and the new.
Budapest has definitely everything that is needed to fulfil anyone’s holidays wishes.
Prepare your bags, we are going there!
Budapest’s Flag Hungarian Forint Hungarian
Area: 525,2 km 1,728 million people
6 Things to do in Budapest – Hungary
1. Budapest has the first ever built underground railway in Europe (Millennium Underground Railway), and some of the stations are just beautiful!!!
2. The city of Spas!
Budapest is home to divine historic thermal baths and they are just perfect to relax after touring around the city. The Thermal Baths are opened year round and they are a real bargain!
3. For all the beer lovers Hungarian craft beer is really tasty and a must try. There are plenty of small breweries around town. Cheers!!!
4. Don’t forget to try some of the delicious local dishes like:
* Goulash Soup
* Pörkölts (meat stew)
* Paprikás (meat stew with sour cream added to the sauce in order to get a creamier consistency!)
5. And of course some of the lovely cakes and sweets:
* (Dobos torta (sponge cake layered with chocolate buttercream and topped with caramel)
* Eszeteházy torta (named afterPrince Paul III Anton Esterházy de Galántha it’s a buttercream spiced with cognac or vanilla, sandwiched between four to five layers of almond meringue dough)
* Strudels (Rétes) (pastry stuffed with apples, cherries or cottage cheese)
6. After all this food is time for a good local digestive beverage, right?
And obviously the Hungarians have their preference, and that is Zwack Unicum.
Zwack is a mixture of 40 different herbs and it has 40% alcohol. It’s bitter and quite strong.
Appreciate with care!
If you are wondering how it actually feels to be in Budapest before you visit this wonderful city, take a look at the following video for some more inspiration:
For sources please click here.